By Ali Mostashari
This quantity offers the basics of concerning stakeholders in collaborative modeling of strength platforms, together with the technical subsystem in addition to its fiscal, social, environmental and political subsystems. It offers a Stakeholder-Assisted Modeling and coverage layout (SAM-PD) framework that may be utilized by means of strength procedure builders, managers and decisionmakers to contain a variety of stakeholders in workforce model-building on a bigger scale. via illustrating the functions of the SAM-PD framework, the publication introduces a precise case learn of the Cape Wind Offshore Wind power undertaking. this situation examine info the method during which the writer introduced jointly loads of stakeholders to together version the Cape Wind strength process and its broader implications for the nearby power photo and the neighborhood financial system and atmosphere. It additionally bargains the newest in-depth research of the Cape Wind venture.
Read or Download Collaborative Modeling and Decision-Making for Complex Energy Systems PDF
Best oil & energy books
* crucial selection of an important literature masking the entire scope and intensity of agriculture and nutrients construction world-wide* Edited by means of Jules lovely, the world’s top authority on sustainable nutrition and agriculture* large set evaluation and quantity introductions by means of the editor supply finished remedy of the most important topics, ancient and present traits and faculties of inspiration – excellent for researchers*World-wide assurance together with views and key literature from and on Asia, Europe,the center East, Africa and North and South AmericaThis 4 quantity set, edited by means of the world’s best specialist on agricultural sustainability, brings jointly and translates the main influential, very important and time-tested foreign scholarship around the fields of agriculture and foodstuff construction with a suite evaluation and person quantity introductions that make feel of this various and complicated box.
Oil and fuel are key drivers of the realm economic system and the technical, advertisement and felony purposes which aid their exploitation have gotten more and more subtle. This new name outlines in one quantity the basic rules interested in documenting oil and fuel transactions, from the upstream exploration section to transportation by way of pipeline and liquefied traditional fuel to revenues and advertising and marketing.
This short offers a cross-sectional research of development-directed investments within the wider Mekong zone. the broader Mekong quarter comprises Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, and the chinese language province of Yunnan. proof highlights few serious dynamics, together with human migration, common source flows, and monetary investments, generate a excessive point of connectivity among those international locations.
Water is our lifeline, and making sure its safeguard is a best precedence. hundreds of thousands of water amenities, together with reservoirs, wells and remedy crops paintings successfully, and quietly, yet even a small assault may have disastrous results for a neighborhood, or perhaps a whole nation. Securing Our Water provide: conserving a susceptible source provides a special examine holding all kinds of amenities, apparatus, resources and the overall inhabitants.
- Palm Oil and Protest: An Economic History of the Ngwa Region, South-Eastern Nigeria, 1800-1980 (African Studies)
- Feed-in Tariffs: Accelerating the Deployment of Renewable Energy (2007)
- Energy Market Experience Learning from the Blackouts: Transmission System Security in Competitive Electricity Markets
- Ecological Emergy Accounting for a Limited System: General Principles and a Case Study of Macao
- Resilient Energy Systems: Renewables: Wind, Solar, Hydro
Extra resources for Collaborative Modeling and Decision-Making for Complex Energy Systems
Organization of the project 3. Definition of the system 4. Definition of the wider system 5. Definition of the objectives of the wider system 6. Definition of the objectives of the system 7. Definition of the overall economic criterion 8. Information and data collection 1. Forecasting 2. Model building and simulation 3. Optimization 4. Control 1. Documentation and sanction approval 2. Construction 1. Initial operation 2. Retrospective appraisal of the project Source: Jenkins (1971). choice of the methodology depends mainly on the size of the problem and the degree of uncertainty.
In this book, we argue that improvements in the process can help address issues on all of the four levels mentioned in the preceding paragraph. 1 represents the traditional decision-making process for engineering systems and highlights the interactions between technical experts/experts, decision-makers and stakeholders at large. As Fig. 1 shows, there is a separation between the science sphere and the public policy sphere, in which the decisions are made. 1. Obstacles to Effective Decision-making in Science-Intensive Disputes Issue Problem definition Scientific data Expertise Process Potential problems • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • Recommendations • Poor framing of issue Lack of access for all stakeholders Inadequacy of existing data Significance of presented data Irrelevance of data Restricted nature of data (confidentiality) Inconclusiveness of data Data not yet verified or not yet usable Commissioned and biased data Technical and scientific uncertainty Outdated data Data overload of stakeholders Multi-disciplinary nature of problem Unevenness in scientific understanding among stakeholders Differential stakeholder tolerance of complexity Commissioned and partisan expertise Theories unsupported by actual data Pseudo-expertise Unrealistic expectations from technical experts Stakeholders engaged after scientific analysis complete or near-complete Stakeholder using science as a cover for other agendas Lack of economic and social feasibility of recommendations Source: Adler et al.
The Consensus Building Handbook. , pp. 375–399. , and Sussman, J. (2009) A framework for analysis, design and implementation of complex large-scale interconnected sociotechnological systems. Special issue on systems modeling, International Journal of Decision Support Systems and Technologies, 1(2): 53–68. Orwell, G. (1945) Animal Farm. New York: Harcourt Publishers. Sussman, J. (2003) Collected views on complexity in systems. 06-ESD Internal Symposium. W. (1990) Eliciting knowledge in a computer-based teaming environment.
Collaborative Modeling and Decision-Making for Complex Energy Systems by Ali Mostashari