By Yulia Veld-Merkoulova, Svetlana Viteva
Maximizing reader insights into the methodologies and state-of-the-art examine about the monetary facets of carbon markets, this publication analyzes the commercial and fiscal results of carbon buying and selling and laws at the inventory marketplace costs of person businesses in addition to the joint results of laws and of the costs of oil and gasoline at the costs and volatility of the traded carbon securities.
Read or Download Carbon Finance: How Carbon and Stock Markets are affected by Energy Prices and Emissions Regulations PDF
Best oil & energy books
* crucial number of an important literature masking the complete scope and intensity of agriculture and nutrition creation world-wide* Edited via Jules lovely, the world’s major authority on sustainable foodstuff and agriculture* significant set evaluate and quantity introductions via the editor offer complete remedy of the key topics, ancient and present developments and faculties of suggestion – perfect for researchers*World-wide assurance together with views and key literature from and on Asia, Europe,the heart East, Africa and North and South AmericaThis 4 quantity set, edited through the world’s major professional on agricultural sustainability, brings jointly and translates the main influential, vital and time-tested foreign scholarship around the fields of agriculture and nutrition creation with a collection evaluate and person quantity introductions that make experience of this diversified and complicated box.
Oil and gasoline are key drivers of the area economic climate and the technical, advertisement and criminal purposes which aid their exploitation have gotten more and more refined. This new identify outlines in one quantity the basic rules interested by documenting oil and fuel transactions, from the upstream exploration section to transportation through pipeline and liquefied usual fuel to revenues and advertising.
This short presents a cross-sectional research of development-directed investments within the wider Mekong sector. the broader Mekong area contains Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, and the chinese language province of Yunnan. facts highlights few serious dynamics, together with human migration, usual source flows, and fiscal investments, generate a excessive point of connectivity among those international locations.
Water is our lifeline, and making sure its protection is a most sensible precedence. hundreds of thousands of water amenities, together with reservoirs, wells and therapy crops paintings successfully, and quietly, yet even a small assault can have disastrous results for a group, or perhaps a complete country. Securing Our Water offer: keeping a susceptible source offers a distinct examine conserving every kind of amenities, apparatus, resources and the final inhabitants.
- Energy and climate change: creating a sustainable future
- Renewable Energy in Europe: Markets, Trends and Technologies
- Natural Resource Abundance, Growth, and Diversification in the Middle East and North Africa : The Effects of Natural Resources and the Role of Policies
- Reducing Disaster: Early Warning Systems For Climate Change
- Push button agriculture: robotics, drones, satellite-guided soil and crop management
Extra info for Carbon Finance: How Carbon and Stock Markets are affected by Energy Prices and Emissions Regulations
1. 1 graphically presents the variety of announcements examined. These broadly encompass the following: • Phase I NAP announcements (including notiﬁcations of additional information to submitted NAPs and EC decision on the NAPs). Announcements regarding the ﬁrst trading period are included in the analysis as Phase I was launched before all the allocation plans were approved. The Greek plan, for instance, was accepted by the EC 6 months after the ofﬁcial launch of the ETS, in June of 2005. • Phase II NAP announcements (including information releases about Phase II NAPs before their formal submission to the EC—government publications outlining proposed allocation plans, disclosure of plans for public discussion before formal submission to the EC, NAP information leaked by EC or government representatives in industry newswires like Point Carbon; initial notiﬁcations of plans to the EC whereby member states ofﬁcially submit their proposal to the EC; notiﬁcations of revision to the proposed plans; and EC decisions).
283 announcements are identiﬁed over the period 22/04/2005 to 30/06/2011. An announcement is retained in the ﬁnal sample (Footnote 8 continued) 10-day estimation window. The sample of events is substantially reduced but the results are quantitatively and qualitatively identical. 32 3 Do Regulations Affect Carbon Market Returns and Volatility? if all of the following conditions are met. First, there can be no same-day announcements which belong to different categories. For example, on 15 December 2006 the Netherlands notiﬁed the EC of additional information to their already submitted Phase II NAP while Italy submitted its plan for the ﬁrst time.
We decide in favour of this methodology as it allows us to control for changes in key carbon price drivers and to obtain more robust estimates of abnormal returns. The empirical analysis is made up of two parts. 1. We then analyse the same price effects in the context of a multivariate analysis where carbon returns are presented as a function of economic indicators, energy costs and extreme weather. This multifactor model is the focus of the chapter. All regressions are estimated by applying Newey-West standard errors to prevent biases stemming from heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation.
Carbon Finance: How Carbon and Stock Markets are affected by Energy Prices and Emissions Regulations by Yulia Veld-Merkoulova, Svetlana Viteva