By Scott Isaacs
• Use applicative programming recommendations with top quality services
• know the way and why chances are you'll leverage variable scoping and closures
• Delve into higher-order functions—and learn the way they take different services as arguments for max virtue
• discover how you can compose new services from latest services
• decrease, conceal, or dispose of the footprint of kingdom switch on your courses
• perform flow-based programming with chains and practical pipelines
• notice find out how to code with out utilizing periods
- YUI 3 Cookbook
- AngularJS: Novice to Ninja: Elegant, Powerful, Testable, Extendable
- Ext JS data-driven application design
- Building Polyfills
This step isn’t required, but it does make the screenshots in the next few chapters easier to read. You’ll use a customized dark theme in the application you’ll begin to build in Chapter 9. Listing 5-1. html. html and find the code in Listing 5-2. The PageControlNavigator will be the host to all of the page controls that you will add to this application. html. html when the application launches. html will always be visible, and the other pages will be loaded into this PageControlNavigator dynamically.
HTML provides a few choices for text input: a single-line text input, password input, and multiline text input. 58 Chapter 5 ■ HTML Controls Single-Line Text Input Adding basic text input to a page of your application is done with the HTML input element. As you’ll see throughout this chapter, the input element is used for many different types of input, which are specified by the type attribute. Perhaps the most widely used is the text input, commonly called a text box. html and run your application and you’ll see a simple text input, similar to that shown in Figure 5-10.
You may be surprised at how often you see components of these two approaches. For example, the News and Store apps installed with Windows 8 both take the Grid App approach, while the Mail app was designed based on the Split App template. 47 Chapter 5 HTML Controls As is the case with many new technologies, many people don’t know exactly what HTML5 is. To some, it’s all about video. To some, it’s about semantic tags, such as the new header and nav tags. To some, it’s a kind of new magic that makes web sites work on mobile devices.