By W Jason Gilmore
- Written for the budding net developer trying to find a robust, reasonably cheap resolution for development versatile, dynamic websites.
- Essentially 3 books in a single: presents thorough introductions to the Hypertext Preprocessor language and the MySQL database, and indicates you ways those applied sciences may be successfully built-in to construct strong web pages.
- Provides over 500 code examples, together with real-world projects equivalent to growing an auto-login characteristic, sending HTML-formatted electronic mail, checking out password guessability, and importing records through an internet interface.
- Updated for MySQL five, comprises new chapters introducing triggers, saved methods, and perspectives.
Read or Download Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional PDF
• Use applicative programming ideas with top notch features
• know the way and why you may leverage variable scoping and closures
• Delve into higher-order functions—and learn the way they take different features as arguments for optimum virtue
• discover how you can compose new capabilities from latest capabilities
• decrease, cover, or put off the footprint of kingdom switch on your courses
• perform flow-based programming with chains and sensible pipelines
• detect find out how to code with out utilizing periods
- Programming Web Services with Perl
Additional resources for Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional
If your target platform is Windows, and you’d like to compile from source, note that a separate source package intended for the Win32 platform is available for download. However, note that this chapter does not discuss the Win32 source installation process. Instead, this chapter focuses on the much more commonplace (and recommended) binary installer. • Binary: At the time of this writing, binaries are available for 15 operating systems. If your target server platform is Windows, consider downloading the relevant binary version.
Windows zip package: This binary includes both the CGI binary and various server module versions. If you plan to use PHP in conjunction with Apache on Windows, you should download this distribution, because it’s the focus of the later installation instructions. • Windows installer: This CGI-only binary offers a convenient Windows installer interface for installing and configuring PHP, and support for automatically configuring the IIS, PWS, and Xitami servers. Although you could use this version in conjunction with Apache, it is not recommended.
Summary This chapter has provided a bit of foreshadowing about this wonderful language to which much of this book is devoted. We looked first at PHP’s history, before outlining version 4 and 5’s core features, setting the stage for later chapters. In Chapter 2, prepare to get your hands dirty, as you’ll delve into the PHP installation and configuration process. Although readers often liken most such chapters to scratching nails on a chalkboard, you can gain much from learning more about this process.
Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional by W Jason Gilmore